In this example Fox-News/GOP talk of percentages for the minority group they protect but numerical figures with examples of piles of money when attacking majority interests.
WORLD OF CLASS WARFARE - WARREN BUFFETT VS. WEALTHY CONSERVATIVES 8/18/2011 Warren Buffett's op-ed is a thoughtful treatise on the advantages the super-wealthy currently enjoy at the hands of the tax code, or to put it another way, "class warfare."
In this example GOP/FoxNews mix up the numbers to make nonsensical comparisons while making it appear as if they are being sensible (thus fooling their audience to believe apples ARE oranges!)
WORLD OF CLASS WARFARE - THE POOR'S FREE RIDE IS OVER 8/18/2011 The government could raise $700 billion by either taking half of everything earned by the bottom 50% or by raising the marginal tax rate on the top two percent.
A. "We gotta start somewhere... that's a million dollars (that we could save) - in contrast to the 700 billion we could save to reduce the deficit from the rich and unfairly untaxed (i.e. there is class warfare but its from the ones who are trying to aggravate people by projecting what they are doing onto Buffet). [The answer is YES, we can start somewhere, such as the solution below or by making the taxes proportionate between rich and poor. For example 20% from a poor person could lead to struggling to survive while 20% from someone with a billion dollars can't possibly leave them struggling to survive. Of course, 20% from a rich person WILL be more money, numerically, than 20% from the poor person. Be conscious of which modes of measurement the GOP/Fox-News is using to understand where they are trying to fool you - when they aren't throwing you a bone to seem nice!]
B . From fox news: Dont tax the rich but 'broaden the tax base' - ignore/cover over the realty of the tax codes.
C. Taxing the majority (poor) instead of taxing the minority (super rich by comparison) this is the very definition of despotism.
D. Heritage institute (Koch Brother funded) are trying to create the image of poor being wealthy cause they have normal second world amenities. (i.e. this will lower standard of living).
The GOP (or ANY billionaire using their talking points) ONLY Make The Bad Stuff SOUND GOOD By Using Different Words (Its Just A Con, An Obvious One At That!)...
[i.e. how to make the bad stuff of GOP policy sound good to people who only watch one news source with any regularity]
Herein, I provide a service to the right-wing dogmatists and those who’d like to understand them by reproducing the top 10 talking points for preserving the status quo.
- Whenever anyone brings up distributional issues, accuse them of class warfare.
- Never acknowledge the existence of “the rich.” They are “job creators.”
- Tax cuts for the working poor are “budget busters.”
- Tax cuts for job creators are “incentives.” See also “competitiveness.”
- Deficits caused by new spending are harbingers of the apocalypse.
- Deficits caused by tax incentives are signs of enlightened public policy.
- Everyone can succeed in America by working hard.
- Oppose an adequate minimum wage because it kills jobs.
- Oppose tax credits that help minimum wage earners escape poverty, such as the earned income tax credit (EITC), because they let millions of lower-income Americans escape income tax liability.
- Support tax incentives that let job creators escape income tax liability.
Robert Reich: 12 Myths About Taxing the Rich
Robert Reich debunks 12 misconceptions about tax policy in America.
Tom Steyer: Why Tax Cuts for the Rich Are So Stupid
Robert Reich 161K subscribers Rich Americans know they don't need a tax cut. Listen to Tom Steyer.
Note: Rules & Regulations in Human Societies MAKES SENSE;
OR We Would Have Way More Deaths;
A Million Ways To Die In The West Official Trailer #1
Every Death in A Million Ways to Die in the West
Related article: How Lucky We Are: How People Died 100+ Years Ago, and How We Die Today
Post a Comment