Jon Stewart: The Republicans' Refusal To Accept Any Tax Increases To Help America Out Of Debt Is Like A Doctor Believing Strictly In Magic To Cure A Patient
The Ultimate Collection Of 50 Fox News Lies Exposed By The Daily Show & Backed By Politifact
Theme Bill O Reilly & Co. Like To Use: GOP/Tea-Party Nonsense In A Nutshell: Outsiders are "Nazis"
To reduce conflict you foster understanding. To increase conflict you foster misunderstanding. You create misunderstanding by making false comparisons and making emotional judgment calls bereft of facts.
Here are clear examples of Bill O Reilly pushing illogical positions (based on facts which, btw, the whole of the GOP has been opposing for years. "You can't be Republican unless you ignore science", should be the GOP's motto)
Video Of Bill's Used: Leadership and President ObamaSep. 08, 2014 - 2:29 - Talking Points 9/8
Some screenshots of talking points for a commentary;
Anyways, rather than wasting time reading his drivel myself... here are a bunch of articles from people who did have the time to read and fact check drivel;
Lincoln sites spurn Bill O’Reilly’s book because of errors
Bill O'Reilly 'Killing Lincoln' Errors: Book Contains Plethora Of Factual Inaccuracies
Five things Bill O’Reilly flubs in 'Killing Jesus'
O’Reilly’s JFK assassination fib
So, Bill O Reilly is not a fact based writer, now moving on.
Rachel Maddow provides one introduction of the sort of "echo chamber" (bubble) that people who watch Bill O Reilly live in;
Bogus story exposes risks of conservative ‘invented news’ - Rachel Maddow shows the right-wing hypocrisy on prostitution scandals when the political advantage is in their favor, and points out the danger of the conservative movement’s preference of their own version of news instead of real news.
Here is a list of Nazi analogies O Reilly has made:
From The Huffington Post: O'Reilly Has A History Of Using Nazi Analogies To Demonize Opponents
• O'Reilly: Liberals Who Support Gun Control Are "Totalitarians" Like Hitler. [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 3/2/10]
• O'Reilly: Huffington Post Uses "Same Exact Tactics That The Nazis Used." [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 3/5/08]
• O'Reilly: "I Don't See Any Difference Between [Arianna] Huffington And The Nazis."[Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 2/27/08]
• O'Reilly: Daily Kos Is "Like The Nazi Party." [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 7/16/07]
• O'Reilly Compared Tim Robbins' Comments To Those Of "Von Ribbentrop In The Nazi Hierarchy." [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 12/13/07]
• O'Reilly Compared Michael Moore's "Power" To What "Happened In Nazi Germany." [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 7/28/04]
BTW, I thought this "murder by rhetoric" episode was interesting (because it reminds me of the video below where the whole of Fox News used that tactic )...
O'Reilly Repeatedly Demonized Abortion Provider Dr. George Tiller And Then Lied About It After Tiller Was Murdered
• O'Reilly Repeatedly Referred To Tiller As "The Baby Killer." [6/2/09]
• In 2006, O'Reilly Sent His Producer To "Confront" The "Doctor Known As Tiller The Baby Killer." [11/8/06]
• In 2007, O'Reilly Again Sent A Producer To Ambush The "Doctor Known As Tiller The Baby Killer." [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 6/12/07]
• After Tiller Was Murdered, O'Reilly Repeatedly Falsely Claimed He Had Only Reported What Other Groups Called Tiller. [6/2/09]
• O'Reilly Subsequently Accused Joan Walsh Of Having "Blood On Her Hands" For Defending Tiller. [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 6/12/09]
• In 2012, O'Reilly Was Still Claiming That "What Tiller Was Doing Was Murder."[Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 3/1/12]
Video where the above tactic was used again and after the incident they lied AGAIN about using the word;
24-Hour Nazi Party People...
President Barack Obama "has taken 92 days of vacation since he was sworn in," compared to 367 for President George W. Bush at the same point in his presidency.
While Bush vacationed, 9/11 warnings went unheard.
And who can forgetthis classic George Bush moment which pretty much defined his Presidency...
O'Reilly falsely claimed Bush didn't oppose 9-11 Commission
O'Reilly falsely claimed Iraq had ricin
O'Reilly and guest repeated discredited claims on Iraq-Al Qaeda link
OK. So Bill lies allot. He can't help it. It's his thing. Moving on.
GOP Voted Against 7 Bills to Help Veterans
GOP's actual track record on supporting veterans
This is one of many instances where the GOP/FoxNews/OReilly pay lip service to helping vets but do the opposite in action/real-life. Fortunately they don't report on this, so it's not a problem.
Interestingly enough when O Reilly encounters an avowed Christian Terrorist's actions he and his buddies are very careful to separate the masses following that religion from the acts of the terrorist himself...
In the Name of the Fodder: The Fox News rapid-response team distinguishes violence in the name of a religion from the practitioners of that religion -- as long as it's Christianity. (05:17) ...
O'Reilly declares... "Andre is not Christian as you don't kill in that faith"
Yet... from Andre: "Considering the fact that my martyrdom operation draws ever closer I decided to bring one to enjoy with my extended family at our annual Christmas party in December."
I'm sorry to say that Bill O Reilly is intentionally using all inclusive words to try and frame as many people as possible.
GOP & Fox News Hypocrisy On Religion & GunsCompare the below with the video and links above to understand how Bill is using this demonizing tactic - also note that the Sikh shooting was simply a Fox News watcher shooting any brown people he could find, so this tactic isn't limited to Muslims;
Here is a short list of his fear mongering directed towards Muslims in particular (as opposed to his opponents in the abortion case etc.);
O'Reilly Has A History Of Fearmongering About Muslims
• O'Reilly: "For Every Muslim In The World That Wants Democracy And Wants Human Rights, There's One Who Doesn't." [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 5/19/11]
• O'Reilly Pressed Trump On Whether There Is A "Muslim Problem In The World."[Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 3/28/11]
• O'Reilly: "There Are No Democratic Countries At All" In The Muslim World. [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 2/18/11]
• O'Reilly Insisted That Extremism Is "A Muslim Problem." [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 10/25/10]
• O'Reilly Claimed "The Muslim Threat ... Is Real." [Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 10/25/10]