In response to my request on twitter for some news from the Libertarian Candidates I seem to have got my first glimpse in to how the mysterious "third party" is doing this year (ballot access in 34 States VS the billions of dollars worth of free publicity Trump gets i.e. 75% of States have Libertarians on the ballot);
MSNBC LIVE 7/20/16
Gary Johnson on state of the 2016 race- Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian nominee for president, speaks with Steve Kornacki about his efforts to upend the 2016 presidential race and the policies he is running on. Duration: 4:14
Q: What's your pitch to Democrats? (I added links to my blog posts in the text to highlight information)
Gary Johnson: Well, A choice. Personal Liberty, Personal Freedom. It's fundamental to be an American. So, marriage equality, a woman's right to choose, legalizing marijuana, crony capitalism is alive and well. Governments can play a really big role in creating equal opportunity. Which I think is something that we all really cherish. Income equality. That's a whole another topic that taking from somebody to give to somebody else. Equal opportunity. Look, if we all recognize that we have an equal shot at everything that this country has to offer, then we're in good shape.
On the Libertarian choice this year;
It's a third voice that I think represents most of America. Keep Government out of my bedroom, out of my pocketbook, and hey, when it comes to these military interventions, are they having the unintended consequence of making things worse, not better? Rule the world with the free market."
"Rule the world with the free market"... sounds like Isaac Asimov's book Foundation, i.e. defeat the enemy through trade. But in the book the citizens of the country that was using this technique didn't lose jobs but gained them. As Bernie points out, that's not what's been happening with the TPP
. Could incentives, properly organized, be the answer (I'm sure some if not all of Bernie's solutions involves incentives of some sort to fix the problem and incentives rather than force/punishments would seem like a good direction for Government to go).
Online Ebook: On Incentives as a Preferred Instrumentof Corporate and Public Policy
There certainly is place in 2016 for a third party;
Moreover, the Libertarians have largely solved a third party’s biggest problem, ballot access, after decades of work and great expense every election cycle since their first presidential race in 1972. (They won an electoral vote from a faithless Republican elector that year, making their vice presidential candidate, Tonie Nathan, the first woman to receive an electoral vote.) They are already locked into 32 ballots for November. Though the signature deadlines for many states still lie ahead, the party is confident it's on track to nab them all.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/never-trump-2016-elections-libertarians-213917#ixzz4EzQat9yE
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
But the Libertarians say this year is as good a chance as they’ve had to make their way into the national spotlight. Asked about specific strategies to attract Republicans this cycle, Johnson said defiantly: “If you believe we should deport 11 million illegal immigrants and build a fence across the border and believe we should kill the families of Muslim terrorists and bring back waterboarding or worse, if you believe free trade is about applying tariffs to incoming goods and services—then I’m not your guy.”
Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/never-trump-2016-elections-libertarians-213917#ixzz4EzQ5ETOO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
2016's Third Option
I SMASH Corporate Media!!!
- College Girl Puts Beltway Media To Shame By Rightfully Slamming Jeb Bush For Lying About ISIS NOT Being An Offshoot Of His Brothers Polices
- The Creation Of ISIS Can Be Traced Directly To The Actions Of Jeb Bush's Brother & Dick Cheney
- Gretchen Carlson Files A Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Roger Ailes (Fox News Oligarch)
- Daily Show: A Compilation Of Jon Stewart On Fox News
- Daily Show: Jon Stewart On MSNBC (A Compilation)
- Daily Show: A Compilation Of Jon Stewart on CNN
- I Smash The Media: A Look At How Easy Is It To Buy The Media & "Scientific" Studies
- Larry Wilmore Skewers The GOP & Fox News Over Their Use Of The Label "Radical Islam" Using Obama's Words
- I Quickly Slam Hannity On His Hypocrisy & Promotion Of Terrorism Through Petulant Labeling Designed To Create Conflict Not Resolve Them (i.e. "Radical Islam" As Opposed To "Terrorist" OR "Madman" Or "Mass Shooter")
- I Prove, With An Ethnic Spanish Professor, That The Media IS Misconstruing Trump's Words On Mexicans Showing Thier Unconscious Racism.... Using Lawrence O Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Nightly Show & Articles
- I Smash The Liberal Media On Their False Narrative Of Trump's Judge Controversy (Chris Hayes, Maddow & Clinton)
- Rachel Maddow Defends The Friend Of A Mass Murderer Accepted As A War Criminal In Other Parts Of The World That Are Not The United States Because She's A Woman
- Chris Hayes & The Rest Of The Liberal Media Push A Con Artists Party's View About Trump i.e. That Marco Rubio & The GOP Aren't The Con Artists It's Trump! (Memory Loss?)
- I Prove That Lawrence O Donnell Is Too Biased & Weird To Be Trusted With News Of Any Sort (Elizabeth Warren Helps Prove This One)
- (Dem Primary) Super Delegates Have Done Exactly What Samantha Bee Said They Would Do, i.e. Put A 'Brake On A Non-Establishment Candidate'... Why Is That OK? OR Samantha Bee & Rachel Maddow Prove They Don't Understand Super Delegates... Are They Too In Love With Hillary To See The Truth?
- The Ultimate Collection Of 50 Fox News Lies Exposed By The Daily Show & Backed By Politifact
- I Smash Lawrence O'Donnell On His Utter Hypocrisy Or Stupidity. Only A Lie Detector Could Determine Which.
- Steve Kornacki Points Out That Hillary Clinton's Supporters Are Being Hypocritical About Bernie Sanders & His Supporters. If They Were To Look At Their Own Candidates History They Would Find She Did The Same
- Clear Proof That MSNBC Didn't Cover The Iraq War As A Media Should (Same Goes for CNN & Fox News)
- Beltway Media Covers Up Reporting On A Bi-Partisan Senate Report Proving We Were Misled Into The Iraq War By The Bush Administration & Jon Stewart Makes Fun Of The Media's Coverup
- Rachel Maddow On The Iraq War Lies Ignored In Republican Campaign Coverage By The Beltway Media
- The "Beltway Media" Is Covering Up The The Truth About The Iraq War Again & This Time There Is No Escaping That Fact
- Jon Stewart Slams The Media for Continuing To Not Report Properly on The Iraq War... AGAIN!
- Jon Stewart Smashes CNN, MSNBC, & Fox News For Their Hypocrisy In Misleading The Public Over The Iraq War & Not Admitting It
- As The Media Laments The Upcoming Loss Of Jon Stewart From The Daily Show, They Avoid Mentioning The Episode Of The Day Before
- Phil Donahue on His 2003 Firing from MSNBC, When Liberal Network Couldn’t Tolerate Antiwar Voices
- Collections of past links on politics
Post a Comment