A simple collection of videos illustrating how the type of emotional manipulation Fox News is using leads to mind control.
In politics, messaging is everything, so Stephen turns to the Persuadulux 6000 to generate a Colbert Nation word cloud from Super PAC donor write-ins. (03:52)
30 secs: A ton of money is spent.
2:20: Super Pacs exist because the Supreme Court says Money = Speech
Stephen Colbert Introduces Frank Luntz: For help with crafting a message around this I went to America's foremost expert in helping people realize how they already feel... Meet Frank Luntz. This is the man that reframed the estate tax as the death tax & healthcare reform as Government takeover of healthcare.
Stephen Colbert's Introduction To Frank Luntz Continued: Now some critics have called Luntz a spin doctor who manipulates emotion but Luntz would reframe that Fox News Analyst
Notice how much simpler Frank Luntz explains it (that's how you know someone understands their material, i.e. ease of explaining/communicating it):
How to handle an audience and appeal to their feelings:
1. Body language tips,
2. Handling audience tips,
3. Creating a more positive phrase for 'drilling for oil' became 'energy exploration'. (inaccuracy doesn't matter as long as there is a sliver of fact - KISS principle, i.e'. keep it simple stupid),
4. 'climate change' as opposed to 'global warming' (sounds less severe than it actually is)
5. 'simple truth' (i.e. the reframe here is: 'not a lie as it contains a sliver of fact'!),
6. 'you decide' to lock in the last manipulative phrase (most of the viewers decisions are based on the views of who they trust... even the books they read ),
7. 'buzz words' - words that people focus on opposed to facts,
8. Use 'simple truth' only once in a discussion or article ?,
9. If a politician is caught lying he/she should apologize 3 times, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake, forgive me"(to lie your way out)
10. Uses the sighing gesture in an interesting way... separating interview reality from fox news manipulations realities...
From Forbes: Talking Points for the Class War...[i.e. how to make the bad stuff of GOP policy sound good to people who only watch one news source with any regularity]
Herein, I provide a service to the right-wing dogmatists and those who’d like to understand them by reproducing the top 10 talking points for preserving the status quo.
Colbert Super PAC - "Corporations Are People"
Little Charlie and Grace can start their Colbert Super PAC lemonade stand now that Stephen knows what his super PAC stands for. (02:26):
Colbert Super PAC - "Corporations Are People" - Frank Luntz
Frank Luntz helps Stephen make the idea that corporations are people appealing to Americans. (05:44):
Colbert Super PAC - "Corporations Are People" - Frank Luntz's Focus Group
Frank Luntz convenes a focus group to develop the perfect Colbert Super PAC ad while Stephen watches behind a two-way mirror. (05:10):