1. Ronald Reagan's Policies Began The Destruction Of The Middle Class & The Constitution
2. Daily Show On GOP's Trickle Down Economics: The Republicans Economic Con Is Just The Already Debunked "Supply Side Economics" From The 80s (i.e. Reverse Robin Hood Economics Of Stealing From the People To Line Their Pockets Like "Nobles" In Monarchies)
3. Article:Supply Side Economics: Do Tax Rate Cuts Increase Growth and Revenues and Reduce Budget Deficits ? Or Is It Voodoo Economics All Over Again?
4. Economics Encyclopedia: Reaganomics by William A. Niskanen (Note: Reagan had to increase taxes to deal with the bad effects of supply-side/trickle-down economics )
5. A General Debunking & Expose Of The GOP's Tax Bill Con
This post debunks this tweet of James Lankfords in particular;
This group of more than 130 economists predict the Senate #TaxReform bill will “ignite our economy with levels of growth not seen in generations” & more than pay for itself → https://t.co/hW5p2EJc0j https://t.co/kLja5jQU0f— Sen. James Lankford (@SenatorLankford) December 3, 2017
You'll notice that the letter is all about how corpoate tax cuts are our salvation (despite this being disproven under Reagan, see links in background above);
Note - The letter signed by "economists" didn't have their affiliation (probably on purpose). I was able to trace a few to the Kochs who James Lankford, and the rest of the GOP, get alot of thier funding from;
Wayne T. Brough, FreedomWorks Foundation (Koch/Donor Funded)
- Australia’s Finance Minister warned that its economic growth rate might fall by a third unless it responds fast to the Trump/Goldman Sachs legislation. Accordingly, he promised that Australia will soon slash its own corporate tax rate from 30% to 25%. He said even that rate may be too high.
- Just this week, Argentina’s conservative President Mauricio Macri—who reportedly maintains close ties with Trump—announced plans to cut Argentina’s corporate tax rate from 35% to 25% by 2020.
- In Europe, Austria’s new government just announced that it is considering a similar reduction.
- Norway cut its 25% corporate income tax rate to 24% this month. More cuts may be coming.
- France’s corporate tax rate will be cut from 33% to 27% by 2022. Britain moved pre-emptively last April, cutting its corporate rate from 20% to 19% with plans to reduce it to 17% in 2020.
Trump and his sycophants claim that the corporate tax favors will more than pay for themselves. They assert that the big cuts in corporate tax rates and other favors for business will prompt much more U.S. economic growth, with many new jobs and higher wages. Wishful thinking is the response of numerous economists who are not on the Trump/Goldman Sachs payroll.
In last 10yrs, economic growth has collectively averaged less than 2%. Unacceptable. Lots of economists say #TaxReform will grow the economy between 3 & 5%, which pays for itself & even helps pay down fed debt. CBO, JCT scores have always been extremely conservative & often wrong https://t.co/ecMEky7JVH— Sen. James Lankford (@SenatorLankford) December 3, 2017
... is outdated economics. We probably won't even get the slight growth forecasters had predicted;
Smerconish points out the Sam Brownback did what the laffer curve recommends and "it didn't work out so well"
Corporations are not suffering in our economy only wages are stagnant (wages is not something that was addressed in the bill and since an increase in wages improves the economy through the multiplier effect, really, nothing good for the economy was done in this bill)
Smerconish ends with "I hope you right cause we have a 20 trillion collar debt and we can't afford to increase it by another trillion"
Don't believe Republicans who say they care about debt After pushing fiscal austerity under President Obama, stalling the recovery, Republicans abandoned debt concerns to pass their tax bill. Duration: 5:39
Related Info On James Lankford
After all these lies and deceit, now they want to pretend to be a political party of a democratic nation (that ship has sailed);
Today, we’re introducing the bipartisan #SecureElectionsAct. It’s needed to strengthen election cybersecurity in America & protect against foreign interference in future elections.— Sen. James Lankford (@SenatorLankford) December 21, 2017
Co-sponsored by @amyklobuchar @SenKamalaHarris @SenatorCollins @LindseyGrahamSC & @MartinHeinrich pic.twitter.com/cOlFQpm5hg
GOP gives 'middle finger' to Democratic process As Trump advisers predict a 2018 midterm "bloodbath," Republicans are now talking about bipartisanship. Congressional expert Norm Ornstein says it's an "absurd" suggestion after the tax bill "middle finger." Neera Tanden and Charlie Cook also join Ali Velshi. Duration: 12:56
The GOP Tax Bill Is Social Darwinism in Action - Republicans are reviving a vicious theory that the rich are inherently moral and the poor worthless.
Then, as now, these two views of humanity — one noble and elevated, and the other biologized and crassly sexualized — conveniently supported a harsh set of social policies that aimed to abolish government assistance to the "undeserving" poor, while preserving and enhancing the privileges accorded to their "deserving" betters.
Conclusions: I think a good case is developing for recalling James Lankford from the Senate for lying and betraying the People of Oklahoma & The United States. Of course, the case for recalling Inhofe with his half a million dollars in bribes to push his climate change hoax con (amougnst others) is even bigger but he has been conning his base for longer and his half a million a year suggests he's sown em up tight. Tom Coburn, with his in your face hypocrisy concerning veterans (holding up a bill to prevent vet suicide 'because he could' as a 'demonstration for all to learn from'- denying veterans healthcare is a standard GOP tactic, same for 9/11 first responders [unless they read this]) , was the guy who LITERALLY gave James Lankford his seat after voting against making insider trading accountability (clearly indicating he used insider knowledge to make money while Senator, i.e.
- The Weird Connection Between Insider Trading And Tom Coburn Selecting James Lankford To Be His Replacement).
- How can James Lankford be honorable? Yes, he's starting slow and building up his base with a more intelligent argument than Inhofe or Coburn (till now) but how long can this last? Already he voted for a bill that he didn't read - knowing full well that it went against the false word he gave when campaigning & politicking about not raising the deficit (they call it "fiscal responsibility"). Kochs pay for his campaign & personal marketing (the people vote for but do not fund this guy but they watch Koch funded adds so they can't be blamed for falling for such a big con). One could argue that James Lankford is a fool and doesn't know that the Kochs & the GOP intend to go after medicare and social security as a way to "address the deficit" but I don't think he is a fool. As a former reagan advisor explains; New Republican tax plan explodes the deficit for a purpose Bruce Bartlett, former Ronald Reagan domestic policy adviser, talks with Joy Reid about the expected fallout from the new tax plan and the Republican strategy to blow up the deficit with tax cuts for the rich so they can later argue a need to slash benefits to address the deficit. Duration: 7:41
In fact, I think the Kochs (or their political campaign marketing staff, whoever they are) TELL Lankford what to do for his con to keep his base intact and growing (so he too can make half a million a year like Inhofe). Problem with Lankfords strategy is that his base is more educated than most GOP voters so he has to be smart in his cons. In other words, Lankford will say anything BUT the truth as he is in too deep no matter what scientific facts tell us. The fact that Lankford will start dodging with more sophisticated lies (which I will periodically debunk here) will be evidence enough of his treason.