Treason is TECHNICALLY defined as;
Most people interpret this as something that is ONLY applicable in times of war but what about if you betray the country & you're not at war.
However the law says "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."
Here is what the Economist Robert Reich had to say about this;
The idea here is simple: If the people are being lied to (not doing your job if in the media by covering up the whole truth counts as lying since the job is not being done as the viewers/public's trust has been betrayed) and these lies lead to suffering, deaths, or just is something that is advantageous to the few while being disadvantageous to the many (such as carrying the tax burden of the country on the poor and not on those who can afford it as per the GOP's class warfare plans - which coincide with the history of the Clinton's ... so for the purposes of this post the Clinton's are GOP Republicans) THEN a war IS being waged against the citizens of the United States
Lets look at each of Robert Reich's points in turn:
1. The first point is basically saying that people are being bought to destroy the Governmental structures as laid out by our Constitution (such as Article 1 Section 8). If you destroy the government as laid out by the Constitution rather than seeking transparency so corruption is not taking place then you are committing treason against the Constitution of the United States and the Citizens who have come to rely on this Constitution. This tactic is particularly used by the Koch Brothers who have famously said they want to drown our Constitutional Government 'in a bathtub'... there is simply nothing about making the system transparent AND accountable to the people of the United States. They say it can't be done cause 'Government (especially the ones they bought) will always be corrupt'.
Related blog posts:
2. Intimidating people is called bullying. Subverting policies that could help people for policies that don't help people is the very definition of 'war against the United States & it's citizens'. This one should be clear so moving on to the next point.
Related blog posts;
3. Gerrymandering elections to win on groups of people who are hyponotized by your media channel is what he is talking about here. Although the GOP is the biggest criminal here, they are not the only ones. ALL of corporate media takes parts in this deception
Related blog posts;
4. The forth part is what the Media, all of it, is guilty of. Yes, Fox News does it's lies in an obvious way that any educated & intelligent person can perceive. But what about the other Media corporate channels? This post proves that the whole media is involved in lying and covering up the truth to the American people and are thus committing treason. The example Robert Reich gives is valid according to that time when the debate on Climate Change was big and the GOP decided, unanimously, to deny science by saying "I'm not a scientist". This treason is recorded for every educated person to see. What to do about the uneducated? Well, for a start, stop lying to them.
Related blog posts; A Summary Of The Corporate Media's Iraq War Treason Towards The People Of The United States Of America
5. Buying the media to hide truth. This is obvious now. Before one could say the media is mistaken or, their favorite, 'is too caught up by sensationalism to do the right thing' such as tell the truth or whole truth or any truth at all in their daily "news" casts. The Iraq War coverup displays this point so clearly that no one in thier right minds can claim that the Media hasn't committed treason on thier Iraq War coverups/lies.
Here is one of the few talks in corporate media about the Iraq War coverup on the International branch of CNN who have to deal with the world not the US based CNN who seems to be playing with the GOP rather than doing thier job (Yes, I'm including myself as part of the Republican party here as the extent of the coverup is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt)
Amanpour on CNNi: Where Were The Journalists?
Related blog post; A Summary Of The Corporate Media's Iraq War Treason Towards The People Of The United States Of America
Now the Bernie Sanders Treasonous Coverup in detail;
Larry Wilmore thinks the Media's biased reporting towards Bernie Sanders sounds like a conspiracy (Reich doesn't seem to totally agree but the pattern of hiding the truth at the cost of the people continues and thus should be classified as Treason);
EXTENDED - BERNIE SANDERS CHATS WITH LARRY JANUARY 5, 2016 - SEXIST DONALD TRUMP & BERNIE SANDERS CHAT - Bernie Sanders talks ISIS and climate change and ponders whether Donald Trump should be "schlonged." (18:16)
Larry Wilmore on the democratic debates;
This stuff reminded of a previous coverup that was similar to this one but less smart, of a candidate no one on the left liked so they didn't care, but it reflects the stats of the media today;
Media should be talking about her atrocious records... on everything that she has done that is atrocious!
Salon: Hillary’s atrocious race record: Her stances over decades have been painful and wrong"The idea that she is or ever has been a stalwart advocate for black empowerment is absolutely ludicrous"
Then there’s the notion that Hillary Clinton is somehow preserving Barack Obama’s legacy: just a few short months ago she was going out of her way to distance herself from the Obama administration because she believed it was politically expedient to do so. Now, under threat from Sanders’ insurgency, she is cynically trying to sell herself as Obama’s right hand. But of course, the moment she locks down the nomination she’ll go back to drawing contrast–the Clintons have always been leaders at “vote capturing.”
Robert Reich: They’ve marginalized Bernie at every turnThe former secretary of labor breaks down our political press' lopsided coverage of the Democratic primary
And then the Clinton campaign has the audacity to say this;
Clinton campaign to Bernie: Drop your negative tone and maybe Hillary will debate you in NYBoth campaigns seem to agree that a debate prior to the New York primary would help Sanders' cause
More information that the media doesn't like to talk about;