Obama and the Pussy'crats
President Barack Obama and several Democratic senators concoct a plan to hold off on several important legislative decisions until after the midterm elections. (5:07)
Fort Lauderdale police arrest a 90-year-old man for breaking a law against giving food to the homeless. (4:20)
GOP thanks Dems for keeping Obama on the bench
Today members of the GOP poked fun at democrats that backed away from aligning themselves with President Obama before midterms.
Democrats Are Cowards...
It must be tough for Republicans to love America so much but hate almost three-quarters of the people living in it. (08:54)
Here is another example of gross inefficiency (money wasted by putting it into a project that was known to fail - a level of economic/financial inefficiency that really is impressive that I would never expect a Democrat to do & if it wasn't for their sheer cowardice Obama would probably have nixed this project cause it makes no sense... but, my theory is, it was Bush's baby so he let this through and the media dropped the story -obviously);
Daily Show: That Custom-Tailored Obama Scandal You Ordered Is Finally Here - Solyndra's failure doesn't discredit the entire idea of a green energy economy, but some might take it as a sign of the Obama administration's incompetence. (8:10):
The following is an extract from a news report about the same inefficiency in the video above:
Energy-related loan guarantees arose from the stimulus legislation of 2009. Policy makers thought a huge infusion of low-cost loans would create many thousands of jobs at solar- panel factories, alternative-energy power plants and the like. There was an implicit assumption that most of these ventures would succeed. Barring fraud, Solyndra’s failure reflects the company’s bet on an inadequate technology. Its tubes, coated with an unusual four-metal compound, were supposed to cut power costs more than 20 percent. That wasn’t nearly enough. Production costs fell much faster for a rival technology, conventional flat silicon panels, and Solyndra couldn’t compete.
Daily Show: Weather Blunderground - Barack Obama wants to create a green economy by weatherizing American homes. (5:19):
GOP's Solyndra Probe Hits the Cheney Roadblock
White House Ebola Czar Was ‘Key Player’ In Solyndra Scandal
Obama Bows To The Corporate Power Structure (Who Appear To Be Mostly GOP) Set Up By Bush To Control The Government, Like Moffs In The Empire (Star Wars), Despite The Fact That Obama Had The Influence To Indict The GOP By His Third Year (This Is His 6th)
Note: Obama was very clear that he would work with everyone when he got to power. A large segment of "we the people" is now "we the corporations & lobbyists", so, technically, Obama did what he said he would do
Obama/Jagged Fel's Philosophy In A Nutshell:
"In a real Democracy it's not the result that's important it's the process."
I would reply "people only follow a leader if they choose the leader themselves".
By the 2010 midterms the GOP had already proven it was using lying as a strategy. Which they have been using continuously. Obama & the Democrats could have motivated their base to start proper investigations through all the financial and other records of the GOP and we would have flushed the traitors nest clean.
Anyways, Obama could have got the GOP then and he didn't. He could get them now as our investigation ability still exists on local levels and the entrenched State Bureaucracies must be rife with corruption by now as is the real nature of people with power (not the fictional one the Koch Brothers sell us on through Fox News/Business. All the while relying on the fact that Fox News won the right to lie and call itself "News" using a "conservative" led court.)
So what we have now is a bunch of lobbyists for Corporations who pretty much dictate public policy on many levels... especially when in concerns themselves:
Daily Show:I Give Up - Pay Anything... As greedy public workers bankrupt states, America makes it harder for honest corporate citizens to create jobs. (4:50)
[Senator Bernie Sanders] BURLINGTON, Vt., March 27 - While hard working Americans fill out their income tax returns this tax season, General Electric and other giant profitable corporations are avoiding U.S. taxes altogether.
With Congress returning to Capitol Hill on Monday to debate steep spending cuts, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said the wealthiest Americans and most profitable corporations must do their share to help bring down our record-breaking deficit.
Sanders renewed his call for shared sacrifice after it was reported that General Electric and other major corporations paid no U.S. taxes after posting huge profits. Sanders said it is grossly unfair for congressional Republicans to propose major cuts to Head Start, Pell Grants, the Social Security Administration, nutrition grants for pregnant low-income women and the Environmental Protection Agency while ignoring the reality that some of the most profitable corporations pay nothing or almost nothing in federal income taxes.
Sanders compiled a list of some of the 10 worst corporate income tax avoiders.
1) Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filings. (Source: Exxon Mobil's 2009 shareholder report filed with the SEC here.)
2) Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS last year, although it made $4.4 billion in profits and received a bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department of nearly $1 trillion. (Source: Forbes.com here, ProPublica here and Treasuryhere.)
3) Over the past five years, while General Electric made $26 billion in profits in the United States, it received a $4.1 billion refund from the IRS. (Source: Citizens for Tax Justice hereand The New York Times here. Note: despite rumors to the contrary, the Times has stood by its story.)
4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009. (Source: See 2009 Chevron annual report here. Note 15 on page FS-46 of this report shows a U.S. federal income tax liability of $128 million, but that it was able to defer $147 million for a U.S. federal income tax liability of $-19 million)
5) Boeing, which received a $30 billion contract from the Pentagon to build 179 airborne tankers, got a $124 million refund from the IRS last year. . (Source: Paul Buchheit, professor, DePaul University, here and Citizens for Tax Justice here.)
6) Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction. (Source: the company's 2009 annual report, pg. 112, here.)
7) Goldman Sachs in 2008 only paid 1.1 percent of its income in taxes even though it earned a profit of $2.3 billion and received an almost $800 billion from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department. (Source: Bloomberg News here, ProPublica here, Treasury Department here.)
8) Citigroup last year made more than $4 billion in profits but paid no federal income taxes. It received a $2.5 trillion bailout from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury. (Source: Paul Buchheit, professor, DePaul University, here, ProPublica here, Treasury Department here.)
9) ConocoPhillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2006 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction. (Sources: Profits can be found here. The deduction can be found on the company's 2010 SEC 10-K report to shareholders on 2009 finances, pg. 127,here)
10) Over the past five years, Carnival Cruise Lines made more than $11 billion in profits, but its federal income tax rate during those years was just 1.1 percent. (Source: The New York Times here)
Sanders has called for closing corporate tax loopholes and eliminating tax breaks for oil and gas companies. He also introduced legislation to impose a 5.4 percent surtax on millionaires that would yield up to $50 billion a year. The senator has said that spending cuts must be paired with new revenue so the federal budget is not balanced solely on the backs of working families.
"We have a deficit problem. It has to be addressed," Sanders said, "but it cannot be addressed on the backs of the sick, the elderly, the poor, young people, the most vulnerable in this country. The wealthiest people and the largest corporations in this country have got to contribute. We've got to talk about shared sacrifice."
Quick Outline Of The Moff Like Government Obama Has Been Dealing With Since 2009 (More Commonly Known As Corporate Socialism or Crony Capitalism - click image to see large view)
Here is some stuff crony capitalists did that they have not been held to account for (helping corporations at the expense of the taxpayer)
David Stockman on Crony Capitalism
Now a businessman who says he was “taken to the woodshed” for telling the truth about the administration’s tax policies, Stockman speaks candidly with Bill Moyers about how money dominates politics, distorting free markets and endangering democracy. “As a result,” Stockman says, “we have neither capitalism nor democracy. We have crony capitalism.”
Stockman shares details on how the courtship of politics and high finance have turned our economy into a private club that rewards the super-rich and corporations, leaving average Americans wondering how it could happen and who’s really in charge.
“We now have an entitled class of Wall Street financiers and of corporate CEOs who believe the government is there to do… whatever it takes in order to keep the game going and their stock price moving upward,” Stockman tells Moyers.
An Overview Of How The GOP & Fox News Define "Socialism" by The Colbert Report (backed by news sources)
GOP's Economic Theories - Disproven Under George Bush - Continue To Be The Basis For Their Policies PROVING GOP Are An Ideological Party & Not A Reasonable One
The GOP & It's Lying Media Wing (Fox News) EXPOSED
Introduction To The Class Warfare Being Waged by The GOP & Fox News On America
US: Our Court System Is Divided On Party Lines!
Keystone XL: Tom Coburn Betrays Citizens Private Property Rights For A Private Company & A Democrat Lies For Her Senate Seat Proving Dems Stand For Nothing
A Daily Show Expose - A loophole in the Republicans' anti-eminent domain law would allow TransCanada to acquire private land for the Keystone XL pipeline. (5:09):
Right at the beginning you hear that the builder TransCANADA is going to use eminent domain to take land away from people for their pipeline.
Later, when faced with a private company taking private property for something which doesn't benefit American Citizens (except for the Koch Brothers) he makes it clear with his silence that he believes that such rights of taking private property away should go to private corporations from foreign countries as long as the Koch Brothers get to make some money, everybody is happy.
What is Tom Coburn going to argue? That he's not GOP? Won't work. That he didn't know? Well, he knows now cause I'm sending the completed post to him & #Oklahoma via twitter.
Showcase: Meet A Few Citizens Whose Property Is Being Damaged By The Keystone XL Pipeline & Who Will Lose Their Property With This UnConstitutional GOP Scam
At 4:15 - Congress passes a bill prohibiting the Federal Government from exercising its power of eminent domain for economic development. Images from the bill the GOP passed to bypass a fundamental citizen right...
A Democrat Lies About Keystone XL For Her Senate Seat Proving Democrats Stand For Nothing
Pipe Friction - When the Keystone XL pipeline bill fails to pass, Mary Landrieu's Senate seat is jeopardized, but the bill itself may get a second chance when the Republicans come to power. (8:42):