Updated Jan 2015
A simple chain of logic:
Question: What Do the Koch Brothers Want?
1. The Governmental structure we have was given to us by our #Constitution.
2. My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub. - Grover Norquist
3. Koch Brothers want: "a nation steeped in anarchy where peasants are at the mercy of a few wealthy industrialists."
Koch Brother Highlights:
EXPOSED: Koch Industries and Cancer Risk
The Young Turks: Koch Brothers Exposed for Cancer Causing Pollution
How the Koch Brothers Cause Cancer By Dumping Toxic Waste Everywhere • Koch Brothers Exposed 2014
Koch Brothers Exposed for Cancer Causing Pollution
The Daily Show: The Koch Brothers become The Daily Show's latest sponsor, prompting Jon to welcome them with some minor adjustments to their advertisement. (4:12):
Colbert Report: The Koch brothers-funded Americans for Prosperity PAC sends absentee ballot applications with minor inaccuracies to Wisconsin's Democratic districts. (2:52):
Many conservatives and conservatives pretending to be democrats or liberals like to compare George Soros and the Koch Brothers. The only way they can do that is by ignoring what the Koch Brothers actually do (those in the know call this a 'media blackout' as it doesn't show up on the 3 main cable news channels). Comparing the Koch Brothers with George Soros OR Warren Buffet is simply comparing two wealthy people possibly making use of the "wealth to buy politicians law" passed by the conservative supreme court.
Now read the following extract (doesn't it seem like the Koch Brothers have begun the process of buying off the Democrats as well becoming almost like Kings? Is this the next step in our evolution? From war profiteers to oligarchs to a representative Kingship?)
Thinkprogress: The Koch brothers and their political allies quietly funneled $250 million to conservative causes last year through a secret tax-exempt organization called Freedom Partners, Politico reportedWednesday. But while the group’s website claims its top priorities including fighting runaway stimulus spending and “corporate welfare,” its donations included a $2 million gift to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, perhaps the strongest backer of such efforts.
From a well researched blog post:
Now forget all the above for just a second and focus on this one thing:
– . The Bush administration, in a deal even conservatives alleged was a quid pro quo because of Koch’s campaign donations, handed Koch Industries a lucrative contract to supply the nation’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve with 8 million barrels of crude oil. The SPR deal, done initially in 2002, was renewed in 2004 by Bush administration officials. During the occupation of Iraq, Koch wonsignificant contracts to buy Iraqi crude oil.
This is perfectly in line with Dick Cheney's profiteering from the Iraq War.
What else have the Koch Brothers profited from without our knowing about it?
What should be clear by now is that the Koch Brothers certainly need to be investigated, transparently AND publicly.
Can the rich influence the 'masses' to do thier bidding?
‘I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half’
I was looking for an image of an old labor movement poster that had the fat cat asking the mouse “You going let that union guy steal your cookie?” which I’ve always thought was the ultimate stick in the eye to working class people who watch Fox News and believe billionaire “job creators” deserve t...
Well, political manipulation its actually quite common, as Bill Moyers explains...
Moyers & Company 101: On Winner Take All Politics from BillMoyers.com on Vimeo.
Also, here's a news report...
"The Koch Brothers are worth $50 billion. They’ve bankrolled the Tea Party, the campaign against climate change science, and entire university departments to advance their right-wing agenda. The newest item on their shopping list: their own Center for American Progress."
The following is from Koch Brothers Exposed
Reversing years of societal stabilization...
This film and investigation connects the dots and reveals why the Koch brothers are trying to end public education and how their wealth winds up in the hands of Jim Crow. Watch the video, then call David Koch and tell him to stop funding school resegregation now. His number is 212-319-1100.
EXPOSED: Koch Industries and Cancer Risk
Will you help Senator Sanders expose the Koch Echo Chamber?
Bill Koch: Koch Inc. is Organized Crime
The Cato Institute
1. Ann Coulter: "A leading conservative think tank, The Heritage Foundation, helped design Romneycare, and its health care analyst, Bob Moffit, flew to Boston for the bill signing. Romneycare was also supported by Regina Herzlinger, Harvard Business School professor and health policy analyst for the conservative Manhattan Institute. Herzlinger praised Romneycare for making consumers, not business or government, the primary purchasers of health care."
2. From Politifact.com (On Obama's health care bill): Still, there's little doubt that Heritage has been a consistent and eager promoter of the exchange idea, especially during the effort to design a new health care system for Massachusetts. That effort concluded with the Democratic legislature joining with the Republican governor, Romney, to implement a system that includes a health insurance exchange. On numerous occasions, Heritage scholars wrote approvingly of the exchange system in Massachusetts, known as the Connector. In a paper about the Massachusetts plan published on April 11, 2006, Edmund Haislmaier, a Heritage fellow in health care policy, wrote of the "truly significant and transformative health system changes that the legislation would set in motion."
3. A discussion on Fox "News": Does President Obama have an “enemies list”? That’s the provocative allegation put forth by Ted Olson in the Wall Street Journal. Olson is a former member of the Bush Administration as well as representative of the Koch Brothers who just so happen to be the only real people Olson thinks is on this supposed list. So, does the list exist? That’s what The Five asked in the top segment today.
Explanation: Heritage is a Koch created and funded institute (... and read above to see where Obama got his healthcare idea from... i.e. it's a trap for the general elections - 'Keep your friends close and...')
1. "Before joining Heritage in June 2007, Loris was an associate at the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation, immersing himself for a year in a market-based management program." ,
2. "Total Koch foundation grants 1997-2009: $3,976,571"
3. Sourcewatch: A list of Koch Funded Orgs - See Bernie Sanders "echo chamber" above.
Koch Brothers On Huffington Post
Koch Brothers Own A Stake In The Keystone XL Pipeline THAT's Why Fox News is Promoting It! (or in the tar sands oil - there seems to be some confusion on this point)
Liberal Libertarianism.org: The Koch Brothers Seem To Be Buying The Keystone XL Pipeline With Their Supporters Using Lies As Their Primary Marketing Tactic!